[AI] FW: Request for Participation -- Smith-Kettlewell Wayfinding Survey

Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:11:42 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Joshua A. Miele" <jam at ski.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:55:41 -0700
Subject: [Blind-international-students] Request for Participation --
Smith-Kettlewell Wayfinding Survey
To: blind-international-students at nfbnet.org

Greetings!

The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute (S-K), in collaboration with
researchers at Accessible Design for the Blind and U.C. Santa Barbara,
is conducting a survey of tools and techniques used by blind and
visually-impaired people in their every-day lives. We want to know how
you get around, how comfortable you feel in various situations, what
other disabilities you have, and what tools and techniques you use in
your daily travels. By participating in the S-K Wayfinding Survey, you
will extend our knowledge of how real blind and visually-impaired people
travel independently. You will also help to improve the independence of
future travelers with visual disabilities by sharing your experience.

You can participate in the S-K Wayfinding survey on the web, by phone,
or by TTY. The survey should take no more than 20 minutes to complete,
and your responses will be completely confidential. We eagerly look
forward to your participation and thank you in advance for your help.

To take the survey on the web or ask questions about it:
http://holman.ski.org/wayfindingsurvey

Take the survey by phone:
(415) 345-2013 -- We will call you back.

Take the survey by TTY:
(415) 345-2290 -- We will call you back.

Please share this announcement with any individuals or lists you think
might be interested. If you do forward it, please take the time to
remove any extra e-mail headers to improve readability.

Again, we thank you for your valuable assistance with this important
research project.

Joshua A. Miele, Ph.D.
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
2318 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115