[AI] disability and census

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Mon Apr 19 01:14:13 EDT 2010

Rahul\
There is a vital difference between religion and disability, though former has systematically and brutally reinforced the later.
Anyway, UID data will be with government, so its use for mass identification in situations of violence is not a probability.
Further, for identifying a disability, one need only look at the person herself/himself, rather than complicated and encrypted data.
I must say you are entirely mistaken on the issue.
Further, having a multi-purpose disability card is the need of the hour and UID card, at least in principle, could fulfill it easily.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,