[AI] disability field in sensus

Amar Jain amarjain2006 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 15:55:15 EDT 2010

I also think in the way which subramani sir and Harish sir has said.
I was discussing this with my dad and he also told me that the major problem
comes with regard to employment, education and things like that. So there
you have got two kinds of attitude.
One is to hide about disability, and tell them when called upon for
interview or after selection process, and other is to tell them initially
itself. So the person calling you for job will call you based on your
ability.
I know its not very simple as it sounds because even after seeing ability
which is reflected in CV people are not convinced regarding our work
efficiency but the solution of this problem is only to meet with them and
try to sensitize them.
I must say that in the cities like Mumbai or I would not mind including
other metro cities, people are very sensitized towards our needs. And even
if they don't know about our technologies or things related to that, when
told them I have seen positive attitude in them. However I do understand the
irritation of those also who after trying a lot either do get into job or
don't get just because that people don't believe in their abilities because
of the disability.
But still I feel that there is no harm in telling about our disability at
the starting level itself. Anyways we need to have convincing power and
confidence whenever we disclose about our disability.
And thanks Asif bhaiya, you reminded me that we will have random unique id
no of 16 digits without any card. I just forgot it.
Regards
Amar Jain.