[AI] disability field in sensus

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Sun Apr 18 06:57:44 EDT 2010

I understand this concern, which is expressed widespread in various
forums I attend. Of course, there won't be a pogrom against disability,
but as you say there has to be first a non-discrimination law which not
only mentions disability, but also other more important factors like
religion caste etc. Given that people purchase our Email ids, which is
kind of virtual identity for many of us, and then spam us (which is
worse than gassing in my opinion), it is quite possible that our details
may land up in the hands of unscrupulous elements. I am reminded of "Day
of the Jackal" in which the killer assumes the identity of a dead man
and presents himself in his name. Probably this could very well happen.
As part of the legal fraternity, you guys must press for the non
discrimination law before UID is implemented which is the only safety
net for us.