[AI] Copyright Amendment

Rohiet A. Patil patil_rohit at dataone.in
Sat Apr 17 12:18:16 EDT 2010


Hi Mr Rahul!
Can you send the press release  to me off the list or give me the link to 
download the same?
Thanks and regards,
Rohiet Patil
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "rahul cherian" <rahul.cherian at inclusiveplanet.com>
To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Copyright Amendment


> Hi Amar,
>
> I have a press release which I had posted here earlier. If you can prepare 
> a
> covering letter, I can review it for you later tonight.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rahul
>
> On 17 April 2010 14:14, Amar Jain <amarjain2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Good Rahul bhaiya, at least you understood my point of view.
>> What I am insisting on that even if you don't have contacts, there is no
>> harm in approaching directly to the channels, and for that matter the 
>> head
>> of press information buro and press trust of india also. PIB publishes
>> government releases I think not sure of PTI though.
>> But these people if convinced, then can do great help to us.
>> I think that we should prepare a covering letter asking for help from 
>> media
>> channel or to whom we are sending. And then should enclose the documents
>> along with it.
>> The covering letter should be so well drafted that it explains the 
>> problem
>> their itself and if the person is interested, then he can read the 
>> enclosed
>> documents.
>> I am willing to send the
>> emails from my end, but I have no document with me, and if you could
>> provide me the document along with covering letter, I can send.
>> I would prepared the letter myself but would want you to do that since 
>> you
>> know what to include and what to exclude. As well as there will be no
>> language errors.
>> Regards
>> Amar Jain.
>> --------------------------------------------------
>> From: "rahul cherian" <rahul.cherian at inclusiveplanet.com>
>> Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:44 PM
>>
>> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
>> Subject: Re: [AI] Copyright Amendment
>>
>>  Hi Amar, Akhilesh, and others who are interested
>>>
>>> Both are great ideas. Please tweet and comment about this as much as
>>> possible. Also, please send emails and letters to all the channels and
>>> journalists you have access to. Do let me know if you need any 
>>> information
>>> or documents from my end for you to send to the journalists.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>
>>> On 17 April 2010 13:11, Amar Jain <amarjain2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  In my view we can also send emails or letters to big channels like zee
>>>> news
>>>> cnn ibn. And can hope for positive response.
>>>> These are my personal views intellectuals can think on it and can act
>>>> according to their wisdom.
>>>> We all hope for positive outcome.
>>>> Amar Jain.
>>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>>> From: "akhilesh" <akhil.akhil29 at gmail.com>
>>>> Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:06 PM
>>>>
>>>> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
>>>> Subject: Re: [AI] Copyright Amendment
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  Hello mr. Rahul and all, personally I'd like to encourage the comments
>>>>
>>>>> from all of us on these stories that are coming up on different sites.
>>>>> the comment section as we all know, is located at the end of the 
>>>>> story.
>>>>> I've comment on the post that appeared on hindu yesturday.
>>>>> Our comments will surely encourage the journalists more, and
>>>>> undoubtedly we can get more support from them.
>>>>> so please start commenting/tweeting. It'll also show that how much
>>>>> we're serious towards this bill.
>>>>> we can also encourage our sited friends to comment on such stories as
>>>>> well!!!
>>>>> Please let me know your intentions.
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Akhilesh.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 4/16/10, Subramani L <lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>  Folks:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> My newspaper's website isn't particularly accessible, but I have been
>>>>>> writing on this issue almost daily. Pl acess my newspaper's site
>>>>>> www.deccanherald.com and add it to the list as well.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Subramani
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>> From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>> [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of rahul
>>>>>> cherian
>>>>>> Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 10:06 AM
>>>>>> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>> Subject: [AI] Copyright Amendment
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Momentum is building against the copyright amendment. 3 newspaper
>>>>>> articles
>>>>>> given below:
>>>>>> http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article397573.ece
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.indianexpress.com/news/activists-oppose-discriminatory-amendm
>>>>>> ent-to-copyright-act/607205/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_right-to-education-will-remain-a-d
>>>>>> ream_1371926
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_right-to-education-will-remain-a-
>>>>>> dream_1371926>You
>>>>>> can help by contacting MPs and journalists.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rahul
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 16 April 2010 09:41, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  For that matter, I have never been able to make sense of any raised
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> graphics in braille.
>>>>>>> Options can be to audiodescribe such videos, I am sure that will add
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  erotic
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  value for sighted as well.
>>>>>>> Besides, extracting video from them would also serve a limited
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  purposs.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  Specialized audio production in this behalf ought to be taken up.
>>>>>>> One hindi movie had employed  audio erotic imagery  in scenes 
>>>>>>> instead
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  of
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  visuals to bypass the censor, I do not remember the name.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> "Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God-- but to 
>>>>>>> create
>>>>>>> Him."
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>                                      --Arthur C. Clarke
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> (Rajesh Asudani)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Assistant General Manager,
>>>>>>> Reserve Bank of India
>>>>>>> Nagpur
>>>>>>> 09420397185
>>>>>>> O: 0712 2806676
>>>>>>> Res: 0712 2591349
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>>> From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in [mailto:
>>>>>>> accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Shyam M.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  Sayanekar
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:39 PM
>>>>>>> To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [AI] the porn magazine story..that appeared ystrday...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Such books and magazines will serve the purpose only if the pictures
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  are
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  three dimentional. I have seen some two dimentional pictures, but 
>>>>>> they
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  do
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  not make much sense.
>>>>>>> Professor Shyam M. Sayanekar
>>>>>>> Telephone: 0251-2438457
>>>>>>> Mobile: +91 9920410788
>>>>>>> Skype ID- sayanekar
>>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>> From: "Asudani, Rajesh" <rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in>
>>>>>>> To: <accessindia at accessindia.org.in>
>>>>>>> Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:33 PM
>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [AI] the porn magazine story..that appeared ystrday...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> >I wholeheartedly endorse the development, only thing is the 
>>>>>>> >magazine
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  is
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >quite costly.
>>>>>>> > Any leads in India?!!!
>>>>>>> > To reiterate my stand, I do not tie accessibility with legality, 
>>>>>>> > and
>>>>>>> > disability with any obligation to be ultra-moral.
>>>>>>> > The reason for posting this message here after the storm that blew
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  last
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > year over the issue, is that AI is discussing accessibility, so I 
>>>>>> do
>>>>>>> opine
>>>>>>> > that it should take broad and wide perspective of accessibility.
>>>>>>> > However, any further discussion on this must be subject to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  moderator's
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > Approval or otherwise,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Regards
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > "Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God-- but to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  create
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > Him."
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >                                        --Arthur C. Clarke
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > (Rajesh Asudani)
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Assistant General Manager,
>>>>>>> > Reserve Bank of India
>>>>>>> > Nagpur
>>>>>>> > 09420397185
>>>>>>> > O: 0712 2806676
>>>>>>> > Res: 0712 2591349
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > -----Original Message-----
>>>>>>> > From: accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>> > [mailto:accessindia-bounces at accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  Asudani,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > Rajesh
>>>>>>> > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:23 PM
>>>>>>> > To: accessindia at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>> > Subject: [AI] FW: the porn magazine story..that appeared 
>>>>>>> > ystrday...
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Times of India, Mumbai, April 14, 2010
>>>>>>> > London: A pornographic magazine has been designed to be 'enjoyed' 
>>>>>>> > by
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  the
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > blind and visually impaired - complete with explicit text and 
>>>>>> raised
>>>>>>> > pictures of naked men and women.
>>>>>>> > You may also want to see
>>>>>>> > *                                 Hugh Hefner ready to settle down
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  for
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > good<
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_hugh-hefner-ready-to-settle-down-fo
>>>>>> r-good_1370882
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > *                                 US porn performer plans to run 
>>>>>>> > for
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  the
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > Senate as a
>>>>>>> > Republican<
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_us-porn-performer-plans-to-
>>>>>> run-for-the-senate-as-a-republican_1368427
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > *                                 Tiger Woods's newest porn 
>>>>>>> > mistress
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > torrid threesome
>>>>>>> > claim<
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_tiger-woods-s-newest-porn-mistress-
>>>>>> in-torrid-threesome-claim_1362711
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > *                                 David Beckham 'sent X-rated text
>>>>>>> > messages to Rebecca
>>>>>>> > Loos'<
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_david-beckham-sent-x-rated-text-mes
>>>>>> sages-to-rebecca-loos_1362133
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > *                                 Savita Bhabhi comes to
>>>>>>> > life<
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_savita-bhabhi-comes-to-life
>>>>>> _1360365
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > Brainchild of Canadian Lisa Murphy, Tactile Minds is on sale for 
>>>>>>> > 150
>>>>>>> > pounds, reports The Telegraph.
>>>>>>> > Among the 17 raised images include a naked woman in a 'disco 
>>>>>>> > pose',
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  a
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > woman with 'perfect breasts' and a 'male love robot'.
>>>>>>> > Lisa says, "There are no books of tactile pictures of nudes for
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  adults.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > "We're breaking new ground. Playboy has an edition with Braille
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  wording,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > but there are no pictures."
>>>>>>> > The author came up with the idea after realizing that the 'blind
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  have
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  been
>>>>>>> > left out in a culture saturated with sexual images'.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > ________________________________
>>>>>>> > Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  confidential and
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom 
>>>>>> they
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  are
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any 
>>>>>> dissemination,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  use,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > review, distribution, printing or copying of the information
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  contained in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  prohibited. If
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > you have received this email by error, please notify us by return
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  e-mail
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message 
>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  any
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > attachments. The recipient should check this email and any
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  attachments
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  for
>>>>>>> > the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  damage
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > with the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  changes,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > please visit the list home page at
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.i
>>>>>> n
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  >
>>>>>>> > Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  confidential and
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom 
>>>>>> they
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  are
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any 
>>>>>> dissemination,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  use,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > review, distribution, printing or copying of the information
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  contained in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  prohibited. If
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > you have received this email by error,  please notify us by return
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  e-mail
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message 
>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  any
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > attachments. The recipient should check this email and any
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  attachments
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  for
>>>>>>> > the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  damage
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > with the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  changes,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  > please visit the list home page at
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.i
>>>>>> n
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other 
>>>>>>> changes,
>>>>>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.i
>>>>>> n
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are 
>>>>>>> confidential
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  and
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  are
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  use,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  review, distribution, printing or copying of the information 
>>>>>> contained
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly 
>>>>>> prohibited.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  If you
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  have received this email by error,  please notify us by return 
>>>>>> e-mail
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  or
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
>>>>>>> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any 
>>>>>>> attachments
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  for
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any 
>>>>>> damage
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  caused
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  by any virus transmitted by this email.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other 
>>>>>>> changes,
>>>>>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.i
>>>>>> n
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in
>>>>>> with the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>>>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.i
>>>>>> n
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith
>>>>>>
>>>>>> the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>>>>> please
>>>>>> visit the list home page at
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> ===
>>>>> Visit my blog at:
>>>>> freestuff4indians.blogspot.com
>>>>> Skype ID:
>>>>> akhil.akhil29
>>>>> ===
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe send a message to
>>>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>>
>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a message to 
>>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>>
>>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>>> please visit the list home page at
>>>
>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a message to 
>> accessindia-request at accessindia.org.inwith the subject unsubscribe.
>>
>> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes,
>> please visit the list home page at
>> 
>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>>
>
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to accessindia-request at accessindia.org.in 
> with the subject unsubscribe.
>
> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, 
> please visit the list home page at
>  http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in 





More information about the AccessIndia mailing list