[AI] Regarding the note uploaded on copyright issue

Asudani, Rajesh rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Mon Apr 12 02:29:19 EDT 2010

Same here.
It opens, after some rangling, but entire formatting is lost.
Could anybody send it  to me as well in a format which would open readily?
The draft press release is also welcome.
I have some views on the issue, however, which may not be appreciated by one and all.
Firstly, Expecting that conversion to any non-specialized format would be allowed without any bureaucratic formalities in India, is naive.
They are permitting conversion to specialized format, without any such formalities.
Conversion to mainstream formats also demands some strong safeguards about which we are unable to say what they should be.
Obligation to issue books in accessible formats is not being considered anyway, now.

Besides, Even though prevention is better than cure, still, perhaps, we are attempting to solve problems in India, which are yet to manifest clearly here, and I am afraid by doing so, we may hasten their manifestation which otherwise may not be the case, as history hitherto testifies.

I can not say beyond this, here, and will anyway cooperate with overall efforts being done to bring in accessible formats instead of only specialized formats.

Regards

                                        --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,