[AI] virtualising window in Jaws 11

Sameer salatey at gawab.com
Mon Apr 5 14:11:55 EDT 2010

Dear Sir,

JAWS is unable to read certain windows or pop-ups such as the Kaspersky
anti-virus messages. The JAWS cursor is also unable to read such windows. In
such cases, the keystroke JAWS key+Alt+W puts the text of the window in the
JAWS virtual buffer. Once the text is in the virtual buffer, we can read it
using normal JAWS reading commands.

One common use of this virtualisation feature is for copying & pasting error
messages. JAWS does not allow easy copy & paste of error messages but when
they are placed in the virtual buffer, they can be easily copied.

The keystroke mentioned above, JAWS key+Alt+W is for JAWS 11. In prior
versions of JAWS, the keystroke is JAWS key+Ctrl+W.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India