[AI] Weblinks not opening

Pranay Gadodia go4pranayg at yahoo.co.in
Sun Apr 4 10:19:41 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help on this:
>From last few days I am not able to open weblink from mails received in outlook express. When I press enter on a link, a window of internet explorer opens for a moment and then disappears.

Even in Internet explorer, links from many sites (but not all) now do not open by pressing shift enter. It behaves the same way. For example, if I want to open a link from google search results, shift enter does not work, I have to press enter.

I feel that this started after I cleaned my system from a virus/malware attack. During that time I installed a malware removal tool called stopzilla, which used to intercept opening of any weblink. After you approve it, it would allow webpage to open. When the system was cleaned, I had to delete it from the program files folder as its uninstall process always got stuck and never completed.

Would appreciate if someone can help in the above.

thanks and regards,

Pranay. g