[AI] Invitation to exhibition of photographs by blind photographer in a film‏

Prashant Naik pranaik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 12:44:16 EDT 2010

Dear friends,

On the request of organizers to spread the word about tomorrows
interesting event in Mumbai I am forwarding the invitation.  -
Prashant Naik, XRCVC

Invitation to exhibition of photographs by blind photographer in a film‏
On April 3rd, 2010
10:00 to 19:00
Egyptian actress and film maker Aida El Kashef collaborating with
film-maker and artist Anand Gandhi
The Fourth Floor, Kitab Mahal, 192, D N Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Telephone nos. 022-22079119 / 022-22074772
Email – eapl at vsnl.net

We invite you to an exhibition of photographs.

Fearless and spontaneous in composition, redefining in content, and
careless in cropping and focusing. Photographs that don’t adhere to
structures or themes, break rules and established principles, and yet
are beautiful pieces of art.

This is how we see the work of Alia, a visually impaired artist in
Anand Gandhi’s upcoming feature film, “Theseus’ Ship”. This exhibition
showcases a series of photographs that have been created keeping in
mind the way Alia shoots – on instinct, on sound, on touch, on
feeling.

We also have a special section of tactile photographs for visually
impaired visitors. These photographs have been etched on boards, and
can be felt on touch.

Anand Gandhi is an independent filmmaker whose two featurettes have
won awards at the international film festivals of Tribeca, Syracuse,
Hannover, Bern, Rome, Dubai and Mumbai. The DoP and photographer,
Pankaj Kumar’s work has competed at the festivals of Cannes, Berlin
and Mumbai. The lead role is being played by Egyptian actress and
filmmaker Aida El-Kashef, whose work has recently won accolades at the
Dubai Film Festival and the Arab Film Festival. When they all come
together, its an event you wouldn’t want to miss.

The event will be filmed by Anand Gandhi and his highly creative team.
So as you walk the corridors enjoying the art and taking in the
visuals, we may just steal a shot or two of you for the film!