[AI] TTS/screenreader support for local languages.

K. Nageswaraiah nageswara1982 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 08:45:12 EDT 2010

I tried Multilingual Editor of IIT, Madras at Vidya Vrikshah, Chennai for 4 hours in 2006.  We can create documents in all the major Indian languages, including Gujarati and Kannada.  Like the conventional typewriter, we have to change the line manually.  As Vileen Shah once wrote, it has miles to go.  As my friend Ravi said, we cannot work 100% independently using MLE.  D. Mani of IOB is making good use of it for typing in Hindi.  Text can be entered using English keyboard.
What's meant by SAPI compliant?
Though I did not try, I heard about Reading Aid for the Visually Impaired--RAVI of IIIT, hyderabad.