[AI] Local language TTS/screen reader support

Saurabh Malav saurabhmalav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 21:04:35 EDT 2010

Kiran,

Currently eSpeak TTS supports Tamil and Punjabi languages. Two TTS namely
"Shruti" and "Webel TTS" are available for Bengali language, but
unfortunately both are not SAPI compliant due to which these can not be used
with popular screen readers. There is no TTS available for Gujarati
language. There are few TTS available for Arabic script in other countries
like Gulf region but I am not aware about their current status.

Since you want to use these TTS with PDF document, hence it will be better
for you to use eSpeak with JAWS or other screen readers which support PDF
document.

Thanks,
Saurabh