[AI] Opportunity denied

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 04:54:23 EDT 2010

Well, I have had no experience of this nature where  a language other than
English or Hindi was the medium. However, three points are sufficient for
the claim of the gentleman:

(a) Firstly the Post is identified and  reserved for VH.
(b) Secondly, The implementation of provisions of PWD Act do not rest on
whether there is a software available to work on computers. Had that been
the case, no blind could have been appointed when computers were not so
common.
(c) Thirdly, the issue is not whether what he can not do but about the
reasonable accommodation and assistance of a scribe that government is to
provide.talk about

Also, no defence of maintaining secrecy will aid the Government. If the
assistance provided is  a government servant and he/she will be governed by
govt. rules. Private assistance can also allowed subject to security
regulations. For eg. Mr. Sanjeev Sachdeva is a Class I officer in Indian
Parliament. He is a person with muscular dystrophy and uses personal carer
(as opposed to a carer provided by Government)  entering the parliament. He
dictates all sensitive letters/assignments and somebody else types it. Where
is the threat to secrecy?

Thus in my opinion, the contentions of the Government will not hold any
ground. Today there are several cases that prove this point - ranging from
Ravi Arora, Dinakar and several others.
regards