[AI] pdf file

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 14:48:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

When ever a pdf document is protected, the message says: alert: empty page.
The solution is to perform an OCR on the document. This can be done by FineReader or Kerzweil (not sure if it has the facility) or use the free pdf to ocr programme.
When a document is secured and the author does not want it to be misused, certain security features are used with in adobe reader. Encountering such a document by jaws or any other screen reader leads to the security failure message.
Again the solution can be to perform an ocr, but it may not give results.
This is because the document may very well be a pdf file and not a scanned image. In that case ocr would not help.
However, its worth a try as it might well be the reason for inaccessibility.

Adobe 6 or 7 may be used with 98.

Regards