[AI] problum facing by students of national association for theblind Delhi//

Vidya joshvidya at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:35:59 EDT 2008

Now isn't it wrong on the part of the management to suddenly decide to throw
out these students? Why can't you just say that the step taken by the
management is wrong? Are you saying that just because the management has let
these students stay for 10 years, they have a right to throw them out
without finishing their schooling and without making an alternative
arrangement for them?
Sadly sir, these managements, even when working for "charity" are bound by
certain rules of the land. When they let them stay in the hostel premises,
they did not do any favor to the students. The management asks for financial
support in the name of these students from various sources. So these
students must be accommodated. And the burden of making arrangements for
them lies with the administration. When I consulted an ex-access Indian, I
was told "the access India is an elitist list so these students may not get
much support from the list. Moreover, these students can be correctly
dismissed as people raising off topic issues." I have not much to say on
that.

If the facts are as they were put in Thakur's mail, may be these students
should look for support from free legal aid cell at Patiyala House and Delhi
High Court if nothing else works. The judiciary should be the last resort.
The second last should be the National Human Rights commission.