[AI] problum facing by students of national association for the blind Delhi//

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 02:17:02 EDT 2008

The point raised by the petitioners regarding the accommodation seems to be
valid, however, putting management in the opposite box may not be right
especially when these students have been staying there for a long time and
have done their studies with support of the NAB Delhi management.

I feel the Government has an important role to play here. In Delhi we have
severe crunch for hostels for the blind young adults - Girls
specially. Though there is a hostel in DU for boys, there exists none for
girls and we have seen in the recent past, how these hapless girls face
exploitation and physical abuse in order to continue their studies in
privately run hostels.

Its high time that the Government of Delhi provides for sufficient hostels
for Blind Girls and Boys. Regarding circumstances in which management of NAB
Delhi is working, i would not know much, hence no comments.
regards
SC Vashishth

On 6/25/08, akhil thakur <akhilthakurster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hellow friends,
>        We are the hostellers of national association for the blind studding
> in
> 11th and 12th standard suffering from the harassment by management of
> our hostel.
> They are not providing us hostel for our further studies from the first of
> July
> With a reason that they do not have enough space in the hostel and
> they have to give opportunity to small children " they have admission
> brasher ect".
> So they have made a rule according to witch they will not provide hostel
> to the bois after 10th standard. And they have committed that, they
> provide other facilities related to studies.
> But from the last year they are not paying fee for some hostellers of
> class above 10th, so this is not ensure that, they will help us in
> concern of studies after removing us from the hostel.
>
> But this is not a solution, most of the students among us, reside out
> of Delhi and
> also economically week from there families
> If we escape out from the hostel we'll not able to continue our study.
> We are only 9 boys in class 11th and 12th and they don't have space for us.
>
> Also according to law, this rule can not be implementing on us because we
> are
> pre-admitted students. The rule should be implemented for the newly
> admitted children.
>
> it is not true that, they do not have space
> there are aprox 5 rooms beside the three rooms of senior boys in witch
> peons and watchman's are residing with there families
> generally we 10 students reside in one room,
> For a moment if we considered that they do not have space,
> So they have to provide that 5 rooms to the students
> Witch are captured by watchman's, punes and there families.
> 5 rooms means approximately 50  children can be admitted.
> According to the objectives of the association they have to give first
> profence
> to the students in such a case.
>
> another excuse to remove us, given by them is that,
> they have received a letter from government counsel
> according to witch they can't keep both girls and bois in the same
> premises.
> How much truth in it? We don't know.
> "But in the premises, rooms of senior bois are separated from the girls
> hostel".
> This is also not a valid excuse.
>
> A Pease of plot in Dvarika is given to them in 2002 by DDA.
> And now they are telling us that, they will construct a building there for
> bois hostel
> "in the years from 2002 to 2007 they did not place a pease of brick there,
> so how can they construct a building for us in a shorter period of time".
>
> The real cause to remove senior bois from the hostel, under our
> knowledge is that,
>
> A lot of things are going there witch are against in the sake of blind
> [...]

Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile : +91-11-9811125521