[AI] Database

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 11:51:48 EDT 2008

Organising information regarding career and
educational issues is a crucial step.

For hosting such a database, there must be a proper
website.

In US, American Foundation for the Blind (AFB), has
opened a career connect website that hosts information
for and off people engaged in various careers.
They have an interesting feature called "search for a
mentor".
Under this, one can search for a particular job field,
and the search finds mentors that work in that field.
The mentors are categorised according to different
parameters.

National Federation for the Blind (NFB) hosts
different lists that serves different interests.
For example, they have lists based on travel,
technology, writing, etc.

In India, an attempt has been made to gather
information on disability by www.disabilityindia.org.

We probably need similar kind of approach.

Regards