[AI] Nokia launches new e-series mobile phones

renuka warriar erenuka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:14:34 EDT 2008

How far it will be useful to we, blind people , has to be seen in due course.
Renuka.

The Hindu News Update Service
News Update Service
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 : 1730 Hrs

Business
Nokia launches new e-series mobile phones

Singapore (PTI): Finnish mobile major Nokia has announced launch of its two new e-mail-optimised models at Nokia Connection 2008 here, targeting business
executives.

Nokia E71 and Nokia E66, with latest multimedia features, would be available all over the world in the second week of July.

Nokia Vice-President, Sales, South East Asia Pacific, Chris Carr, said, "The Nokia E71 and E66 are designed for the people who lead a mobile lifestyle and
want quick and easy access to their personal and work e-mails."

"With both of these devices, we have responded to consumer feedback by making calender and contacts available at the touch of a button," he added.

"Nokia is the undisputed leader and we do not want to relinquish the position. Our mobile phones are widely applauded and appreciated all over the world
by more than 1.5 billion users," he said.

While a senior executive said both the mobile phone categories would be priced around 350 euros, Carr declined to comment on the pricing.

The company has tied up with 1000 ISPs globally so as to enable access to the Internet for its e-series devices.

The Nokia E71 with next generation keyboard and slide-to-open Nokia E66 can easily mobilise a broad range of personal or profesioanl messaging needs, including
Microsoft Exchange.