[AI] Eunuch from India fights for respect at UN AIDS meets

Subramani L lsubramani at deccanherald.co.in
Mon Jun 16 02:13:47 EDT 2008

Bracketing them with persons with disability will hardly solve their
problems and is likely to increase confusions  about their identity. As
someone who has interacted with them as part of my writing assignments,
I feel they need to be recognised as a separate group with special
rights and rehab programmes. When you compare them with persons with
disability, you would realise that they aren't even been given the kind
of opportunities we are getting, which is pathetic. This is one more
reason why they can't be clubbed with us.

Subramani