[AI] how can off laptop moniter

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 04:39:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I use the laptop battery savour from http://www.techno-vision.co.uk.  This
device plugs into the video port of the laptop.  The laptop thinks that an
external monitor is connected.  This, allows you to set the external monitor
as the primary display.  Once this is done, the laptop display is turned
off.

The instructions for setting the primary display as the external monitor
would very from laptop to laptop.  I'm in no position to help with them.  If
you do get the battery saver, I suggest you try plugging it in to the video
port of the laptop.  Start the laptop at that point and see if the display
switches off.  If it does, you are good to go.  If it does not, you would
then have to do a little fiddling and see how the external monitor can be
said to be used as the single display on that laptop.

Pranav