[AI] competition

firoz firojjee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 03:30:52 EDT 2008

Hi all, CodeFactory is conducting a competition. why not try to participate?

block quote start
Code Factory's Reading on the go competition

More than $20000 worth of prizes to be divided among ten winners

Terrassa (Barcelona), June 13, 2008

Don't miss Code Factory's Reading on the go competition, where you can win
prizes including: Nokia Symbian S60 9 phones as the Nokia N82; AT&T Windows
Mobile 6.0 Smartphones; Vodafone Spain's latest mainstream mobile phones;
copies of the Mobile Speak screen readers with Acapela text-to-speech
technology; licenses of Mobile Daisy Player and KNFB Reader; subscriptions
to Bookshare.org and Audible; and Baum Vario Connect 12 Braille devices!

Code Factory, together with our friends and partners, is giving you the
unique opportunity, through one of the most jam-packed competitions in the
history of the accessible technology industry, to win all of what any blind
or visually impaired person needs to read a book on his/her mobile phone.
We're even giving away access to the books. Winners will get a pack of
prizes, such as a mobile phone + accessible software + electronic books +
Braille device. Be the first to join the competition, visit
www.codefactory.es/contest <http://www.codefactory.es/contest/> , invite
your friends to do the same, and win a prize package to experience what it
means to have complete accessibility on a mainstream mobile device and read
electronic books anytime, anywhere.

This competition will be promoted during the summer conventions in Europe
and North America:

* The convention of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB),
Dallas: June 29 - July 5,
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/national_convention_2008.asp
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/national_convention_2008.asp> .
* The convention of the American Council of the Blind (ACB),
Louisville: July 5 - July 12, http://www.acb.org/ <http://www.acb.org/> .
* Sight Village, Birmingham: July 15 - 17,
http://www.qac.ac.uk/sightvillage/home.htm
<http://www.qac.ac.uk/sightvillage/home.htm> .
* The convention of the Association for the Education and
Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER), Chicago: July 22 -
27 http://www.aerbvi.org <http://www.aerbvi.org> .
* The World Blind Union assembly (WBU), Geneva: August 21 - 23
http://www.wbu2008.ch/e/ <http://www.wbu2008.ch/e/> .

Who can participate?

Every blind or visually impaired person who is interested in reading on the
go with an accessible mobile phone, whether or not he/she is attending the
summer conventions, is welcome to participate. To get one of our
Bookshare.org subscriptions as a prize, we will require a certification that
the contestant has a disability that makes it impractical to read printed
text.

How does one participate?

To join the competition, just fill out the online form at:
http://www.codefactory.es/contest <http://www.codefactory.es/contest/> .

How to learn more about the competition?

At any time, visit the contest webpage at
http://www.codefactory.es/en/page.asp?id=251
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/page.asp?id=251> .

Don't miss the many presentations which Code Factory is holding about our
solutions for reading on the go. We will explain how to read a book with
Nokia, AT&T and Vodafone phones, with Mobile Daisy Player, with the KNFB
reader, with a Baum Vario Connect 12, from Bookshare.org, and from
audible.com using Mobile Speak screen readers.

* At NFB, on June 30th at 1.00 pm, we will present "Reading On The Go!
Using a Cell Phone to Read Books and Access Large Amounts of Text". Our
presenter will be Larry Lewis, Founder and President of Flying-Blind
http://www.flying-blind.com/ <http://www.flying-blind.com/> .
* Sight Village, on Thursday July 17th, at 11.30am, we will present
"Reading on the go with Code Factory and accessible mobile phones". Our
presenter will be Melanie Endres, Code Factory's International Sales
Director.
* At AER, Code Factory and Vision Cue will have a booth together and
will showcase all their accessible solutions.
* At WBU, Code Factory's staff will demo our reading on the go
solutions at Vodafone's booth.
* If you have any questions about the competition, feel free to send
an email to marketing at codefactory.es <mailto:marketing at codefactory.es> .

To learn more about reading on the go with Code Factory products, you can
read the articles linked to below, which were recently printed in our
newsletter:

* Reading On the Go, Part 1:

http://www.codefactory.es/en/newsletters.asp?id=61&y=2008&n=8#section34
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/newsletters.asp?id=61&y=2008&n=8#section34>
* Reading On the Go, Part 2:
http://www.codefactory.es/en/newsletters.asp?id=61&y=2008&n=9#section42
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/newsletters.asp?id=61&y=2008&n=9#section42>

How to find out the results of the competition?

We will publish the results on our website during the first week of
September and send an email to the winners of the contest at that time.

Code Factory would especially like to thank all its partners who make this
competition possible: Acapela, AT&T, Audible, Baum, Bookshare.org, KNFB,
Nokia, and Vodafone Spain.

About Code Factory's partners:

About Acapela
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Acapela> ; About
AT&T <http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#ATT> ; About
Audible <http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Audible>
; About Baum <http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Baum>
; About Bookshare.org
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Bookshare> ;
About KNFB <http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#KNFB>
; about Nokia
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Nokia> ; About
Vodafone Spain
<http://www.codefactory.es/en/press.asp?id=60&y=2008&n=40#Vodafone> .

About Acapela

http://www.acapela-group.com <http://www.acapela-group.com/>

Acapela Group gives a voice to all your products and services. We invent
voice solutions to give the say to content and enrich user interfaces in a
natural and intuitive way based on our comprehensive technologies.
With the constant growing demand for 24/7 real time information access and
the successful deployments of consumer interfaces freeing eyes and hands
thanks to speech capability, voice solutions are now a strategic piece of
the end user interface challenge achievement.

Acapela, a key player leaning upon 25 years of experience, offers
substantial and proven solutions adapted to your activity, and presents a
comprehensive range of products and services adapted to the needs of major
markets: Accessibility, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Industry,
Mobility, Multimedia and Telecom.

About AT&T

http://www.wireless.att.com/about/disability-resources/mobile-speak-magnifie
r.jsp
<http://www.wireless.att.com/about/disability-resources/mobile-speak-magnifi
er.jsp>

AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its
subsidiaries and affiliates, AT&T operating companies, are the providers of
AT&T services in the United States and around the world. Among their
offerings are the world's most advanced IP-based business communications
services and the nation's leading wireless, high speed Internet access and
voice services. In domestic markets, AT&T is known for the directory
publishing and advertising sales leadership of its Yellow Pages and
YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations, and the AT&T brand is licensed to innovators
in such fields as communications equipment. As part of its three-screen
integration strategy, AT&T is expanding its TV entertainment offerings. In
2008, AT&T again ranked No. 1 on Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired
Telecommunications Company list and No. 1 on America's Most Admired
Telecommunications Company list. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and
the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is
available at http://www.att.com. <http://www.att.com.>

AT&T Inc. announced last December, 17, 2007 two new applications that will
increase usability for wireless customers who are blind or have low vision.
AT&T is partnering with Code Factory to offer Mobile Speak and Mobile
Magnifier, both for Windows Mobile and Symbian Series 60 operating system
devices. These new products are currently supported on five AT&T phones: the
Nokia N75, Nokia E62, Cingular 3125, Samsung BlackJack (Windows Mobile
version 5), and Pantech Duo (Windows Mobile version 6). Additional
compatible devices will be available soon. Mobile Speak and Mobile Magnifier
are each available for a one-time charge of $89, which is billed directly to
the customer's credit card. For additional information or to obtain a 30-day
software trial, contact the National Center for Customers with Disabilities
(NCCD) at 1-866-241-6568 or place a TTY call to 1-866-241-6567. The NCCD is
available from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday and on Saturday
from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.

About Audible, Inc.

More information about Audible, he leading provider of premium digital
spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, can be found at
http://www.audible.com <http://www.audible.com> .

About Baum

http://www.baum.de/en/index.php <http://www.baum.de/en/index.php>

It is our aim to make people with visual impairments successful at school,
university or in their jobs. And we want to improve their quality of life by
providing them with products that help increase their personal independence.

What do we mean by this?

Being successful at School and at Work:

With our products and ample services we want to help our blind and low
vision customers to better master their school and their job. In a world
where working conditions are becoming more and more difficult, they shall be
more competitive, being able to execute activities of higher quality and
thus achieve better positions. Today people are expected to permanently
continue learning. So are visually impaired people, and we want to provide
them with the means.

Improve Quality of Life:

Our products will help our blind and low vision customers to be more
independent and thus more self-determined. The free and self-determined
access to every kind of information at any time and anywhere is getting more
and more important in today's "society of information" even in the private
sector. That is why we put the emphasis of our activities on offering
CCTV's, reading machines, organizers and access to the Internet.

Braille support for Mobile Speak by BAUM Retec

For a long time now, Baum's VarioConnect Braille displays have worked easily
and quickly with Code Factory's Mobile Speak, Mobile Speak Pocket and Mobile
Speak Smartphone.

BAUM is a German based company specializing in products and services for
blind and visually impaired people. The VarioConnect Braille display has
been specifically designed by BAUM as a "Bluetooth" Braille reading and
writing device to working in combination with mainstream devices like mobile
phones, PDA's and smartphones loaded with Mobile Speak.

The research and development departments of Code Factory and BAUM have been
working closely together for quite some time. The result is the unique
combination of Mobile Speak and VarioConnect working together with great
stability and utility.

About Bookshare.org

http://www.bookshare.org/ <http://www.bookshare.org/>

Bookshare.org provides an extensive online library of accessible fiction,
non-fiction, reference materials, textbooks, popular magazines and leading
newspapers for qualified print-disabled readers of all ages. The library is
dramatically increasing the quantity and availability of books and
newspapers in accessible formats, to ensure that people with print
disabilities have the same ease of access to books and periodicals that
people without disabilities enjoy. Recently, Bookshare.org received a $32
million award from the U.S. Department of Education to expand the collection
and provide free services for all U.S. students. Bookshare.org is operated
by Benetech, a Palo Alto, CA-based nonprofit that develops technology, like
a software company, yet applies the technology to social causes.

About KNFB

http://www.knfbreader.com/ <http://www.knfbreader.com/>

The Mobile Reader Product Line from knfbReading Technologies, Inc., is a
major advancement in portability and functionality of print access for the
blind, the vision impaired and those with reading difficulties.

The knfbReader Mobile and kReader Mobile software packages run on a
multifunction cell phone that allow the user to read mail, receipts,
handouts and many other documents wherever the user happens to be. This is a
truly pocket-sized solution to reading on the go. The knfbReader Mobile
software has a feature set designed for blind or low vision users. The
kReader Mobile is designed for people who have difficulty reading due to
learning or language problems.

knfb Reading Technologies is a Joint Venture between Kurzweil Technologies
and the National Federation of the Blind.

About Nokia

Nokia is the world leader in mobility, driving the transformation and growth
of the converging Internet and communications industries. At Nokia, we
employ a company-wide, global approach to accessibility and usability in
design and services for our customers. For more information, please visit
http://www.nokiaaccessibility.com <http://www.nokiaaccessibility.com> .

Nokia has full-time staff dedicated to developing internal product design
standards, initiating research projects to address specific needs, and
training employees worldwide for servicing customers with unique wireless
communication needs. The award-winning Nokia LPS was the first inductive
coupling loopset in the wireless industry, allowing our customers with
telecoil-equipped hearing aids to use digital handsets.

Nokia S60 devices were the first to include text-to-speech software,
providing our blind customers with means to access the many features and
capabilities of Nokia handsets. For some, Nokia innovations have provided
the first opportunity to speak to family and friends using a mobile phone.
Nokia is proud to respond to the diverse needs of a global marketplace.

About Vodafone Spain

http://www.vodafone.es <http://www.vodafone.es/>

Vodafone Group Plc is the world's leading mobile telecommunications company,
with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific
and the United States through the Company's subsidiary undertakings, joint
ventures, associated undertakings and investments.

Vodafone Spain has just announced the comming launch of Vodafone Speak, an
application that talks you through your mobile menus and functionalities:
Missed calls, messages and battery level. Visit
www.vodafone.es/vodafoneparatodos <http://www.vodafone.es/vodafoneparatodos>
for details.

About Code Factory

Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Terrassa/Barcelona, Spain, Code Factory
is the global leader committed to the development of products designed to
eliminate barriers to the accessibility of mobile technology for the blind
and visually impaired. Today, Code Factory is the leading provider of screen
readers, screen magnifiers, and Braille interfaces for the widest range of
mainstream mobile devices including Symbian-based and Windows Mobile-powered
Smartphones as well as Pocket PC phones and PDAs. Its product line is the
only one to support phones working on the GSM, CDMA and WCDMA networks. Code
Factory's success lies in giving excellent customer support and in
responding immediately to the needs of its end users.

You received this message because you subscribed to the Accessible Phones Discussion List.

If you don't want to receive messages from this list anymore, just send a blank e-mail to: