[AI] Circular.

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:10:50 EDT 2008

Hi every one,
It seems the copy available at the link is a scanned PDF in JPEG format
hence it may not be read by jaws. I am appending below the text of the
circular for your ease.
regards

No. 28016/0/2007-Estt (A)

Government of India

Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training) North Block, New Delhi,

dated   14th November, 2007

OFFICE MEMORANDUM

Subject:    Grant of Special Casual Leave to differently-abled Central
Government Employees.

1.       The undersigned is directed to say that this Department had
received representations from differently4abled persons for grant of Special
Casual Leave to participate in conferences/ workshops/ seminars/ trainings
for Disability and Development related programmes.
2.      The question of granting Special Casual Leave to differently abled
Central Government Employees has been considered and it has been decided
that subject to exigencies of work, Special Casual Leave for not more than
10 (Ten) days in a calendar year may be granted to differently-abled Central
Government Servants with disabilities as defined in the«Persons with
disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of. Rights' and Full
Participation) Act, 1995 for participating  in the
Conference/Seminars/Training/Workshop related to Disability and
Development-related programmes organized at National and State level
agencies to be specified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.

3.    The period of absence in excess of 10 days is to be treated as regular
leave of the kind due and admissible. Special Causal Leave under these
orders will be  allowed to be combined with regular leave as a special case.

4.      The power of granting Special Casual Leave under these orders will
be exercised by the Heads of Departments concerned.

Hindi version will follow.

(C.A. Subramanian)
Director

All Ministries/Departments of Government of India (As per standard List)