[AI] laptop with OS and JAWS

Zujar Kanchwala zujarbright at rediffmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:59:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have recently bought a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium loaded. I have installed JAWS 9 on it and found myself reasonably comfortable using this combination. Looking at future prospects I would recommend you to go for Windows Vista. One benefit of having the OS preloaded on your new system is that you get a licensed copy of OS. Yes, this involves turning off UAC, which is a new feature of Vista that performs a check on third party softwares before running. There are changes in the appearance of Start menu, which you may get accustomed to in a session or two.

My laptop configuration:

Dell laptop Inspiron 1525 with an Intel Core 2 duo processor 2GHz
2 GB RAM
160 GB HDD
15.4 inches screen
The rest of the configuration is general which includes bluetooth and wi-fi connectivity, 4 USB ports, DVD writer, in-built speakers and so on.

Hope this information is sufficient to decide upon.

Feel free to contact if you have more queries.