[AI] how to know the mother board chipset number

balaram chess.balaram at asianetindia.com
Tue Jun 10 10:09:16 EDT 2008

I am not sure, but still I think, the name of the motherboad and it's
configuration will be written somewhere on a computer.
To go to device manager you can right click on the my computer icon on the desktop and press the leter "g."
Excuse me, I have forgotten the menu item you activate by pressing "g" and not in a position to have a go at it as I am now on my ubuntu machine checking and receiving mails.
In device manager, you will find a treeview as well as the list view.
There you can get information about your network card, sound card, graphic card ETC.
I hope, you will  excuse me for this incomplete mail as I won't be able to    switch back to Windows and give a more descriptive account of things now.
Regards,
P. balaraman.