[AI] Tech Dose of the day: Scrum
vishnuhappy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 08:19:31 EDT 2008
Dosed by Swapna K M – M & E Team (from MphasiS Software Services)
What is a Scrum?
Scrum is an iterative, incremental process for developing any product or managing any work. It produces a potentially shippable set of functionality at the end of every iteration.
What is its usefulness?
1. Productivity increases:
• Some Scrum teams have recorded a 4x increase in productivity
• Most improve productivity by 10-20% depending on management commitment
2. Continuous improvement:
• Scrum enables continuous, rapid, bottom-up reengineering
3. Leverages the chaos
• The product becomes a series of manageable chunks
• Progress is made, even when requirements are not stable
• Everything is visible to everyone
• Team communication improves
• The team shares successes along the way and at the end
• Customers see on-time delivery of increments
• Customers obtain frequent feedback on how the product actually works
• A relationship with the customer develops, trust builds, and knowledge grows
• A culture is created where everyone expects the project to succeed
The Scrum process has five phases: Planning, System Architecture / High Level Design, Sprint, Sprint Review and Closure.
Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/
More information about the AccessIndia