[AI] About .kes files.

balaram chess.balaram at asianetindia.com
Mon Jun 9 06:18:22 EDT 2008

To my knowledge, the speech of Kurzweil can't be stopped while using it.
I mean, through the options of Kurzweil.
JAWS stops immediately after Kurzweil is activated.
However, you can use a braille display with Kurzweil and can disable
speech through other options.
But, i wonder, How many of us are having access  to  this very expensive
gadjet.
If, the version you are or will be using is below 8, you can still
listen to the voice of JAWS by installing the software outloud and
changing the Kurzweil speech settings.
If the version is 8 and above, you can choose the IBM via voice speech
engine in the Kurzweil speech setting options.
By doing so, you can enjoy the same booming voice of JAWS.
Hope, I have not filled this pot with unnecessary technical
information.