[AI] UP to set up university for the handicapped

Amiyo Biswas amiyo.biswas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 07:04:58 EDT 2008

Inclusive education does not usually cater to the special needs of the blind
children, especially braille and mobility skills. I met two teachers working
under the universal literacy programme. They said that they hardly get
enough time to visit disabled children more than once a week. It is not
enough time for them to teach them braille or sign language. The disabled
children feel isolated in normal schools. They even stop going to school
after a few days. It is not feasible for a single teacher to efficiently in
braille and sign language at the same time. I admit the exceptions. The
problem is that geniuses do not come to teaching services, especially
services like those of resource teachers who have no job security or
attractive prospects.

Best regards,

Amiyo.

Cell: +91-9433464329