[AI] urgent query about hindi T T s.

Pranay Gadodia go4pranayg at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 9 02:11:06 EDT 2008

Hi Prateek,

i personally like to use espeak for the following reasons:
1. seems to be light on the system resources,
2. for the radio programme i produce, the scripts have many english words in it. as espeak can speak both hindi and english, there is no time lag and change of voice when language changes. so it becomes easy to comprehend and its faster.
3. espeak is free to use.

For me the above advantages of espeak outweighs the little higher quality of voice of vachak.
recently i learnt that espeak can now also speak tamil, so you can use SAFA for reading & writing in tamil in MS Word.

HTH,
regards,

Pranay Gadodia,
Programme Manager
Project Eyeway - A comprehensive information helpdesk on eye & blindness
C/o Score Foundation.
Y-70, Lower Ground floor,
Hauz Khas,
New Delhi - 110 016. INDIA.

Mobile: +91 98917 91089
Helpdesk:+91-11-460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 11am to 5pm)
Office Phone: +91 - 11 - 2685 2559/ 2685 2581
Email: pranay at eyeway.org
Website: www.eyeway.org