[AI] banking facilities to the visually challenged

Pamnani kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:06:21 EDT 2008

Rajesh and others,

Just like to clarify the whole matter. I met Mrs. Usha Thorat, Deputy
Governor and  Kaza Sudhakra, Cheif General Manager on Monday 2nd June and
discussed the entire matter with them in detail. It took nearly 2 hours.Mrs.
Thorat read out the draft circular and I suggested some modifications. We
also discussed the problem with currency notes and coins. The RBI
understands our problems and is working towards resolving them one at a
time. This circular is just the first step. Any visually challenged person
can show this circular to a troublesome bank manager and demand his rights.
I too know that unless the procedure is spelt out the banks will still give
us trouble. I am drafting the details on the issues that I had raised in my
mail last week. I am meeting Mr. Sinor ,Chairman of Indian Banks
Association, on Monday 9th June and shall revert to this group after the
meeting. If I get a chance i will circulate the memorandum tomorrow or on
Monday for your comments.
Thanks to all who have suffered at the hands of the banks and those who have
given me their inputs.

Kanchan Pamnani
Advocate & Solicitor
9, Suleman Chambers,