[AI] Anyone using talking calculator?

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 02:14:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

This calculater can be purchased from an NGO called
Saksham. The distribution center of Saksham is located
at NAB R.K. Puram.
You can learn more from the following link.
http://www.saksham.org/Distribution%20centre.html

However, the calculater that you might be using may
have more functionality than the one available from
Saksham.

For all those who are interested in calculaters and
solving mathematical expression, I am giving here my
honest assessment.

There are talking scientific calculaters available in
US and Europe. However, the education system of west
is far different from that of India.

While the professor their would ask for calculating
corelation of 2 series with the help of a calculater,
here it is expected that you calculate it manually.
Also, talking scientific calculaters cost around $200
+ $10 or more for shipping. But, they can be easily
used.

There are some accessible open source and commercial
programmes around for you to use as calculaters on the
PC. They are mostly command line based.
However, learning how to operate them requires some
amount patients and effort.

I have expressed my opinion and it is now up to all of
you to make a choice.

Regards