[AI] tally accessibility with jaws

Sameer salatey at gawab.com
Sun Jun 1 10:06:57 EDT 2008

Dear Prateek,

The scrips provide enough accessibility to work on Tally professionally. In
my previous job, I used Tally extensively for internal audit & report
generation. At times, I even had to make rectification entries to correct
entries.

As regards the problem of requiring sighted assistance when creating a new
company, there seems to be no way around. The only method which comes to
mind is memorising the screen.

The difficulty in making the company creation screen accessible is the font
size. When letters entered in a Tally edit field become too small, JAWS will
not read them. This happens even in otherwise accessible portions of Tally.
In the company creation screen, the default size is set too small to permit
entry of large names, addresses, etc. As a result, JAWS stays silent on this
screen.

Regards

 Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India