[AI] AI Advises are welcomed

Viraj vkafle at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:24:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

You may think of appearing for the entrance exam for post graduation courses
in English literature in Delhi University (DU) and/or Jawaharlal Nehru
University (JNU). Delhi university offers more or less conventional British
literature courses, however  with a few additions, such as American, Indian
and other contemporary literatures as well as papers on classical
Greek-Latin literature, literary criticism and theory. If you are planning
to appear for the National Eligibility Test (NET), such a curriculum with
primary focus on conventional British literature and at the same time
emphasis on other literatures will really help. On the other hand, JNU tends
to emphasise more on contemporary literatures, Literary Theory, studies in
Popular Culture, Creative Writing, journalism etc. You'll really find your
time in JNU immensely rewarding, particularly if your interests extend from
simply reading and interpreting literary texts. JNU entrance exam is more
literature specific and subjective, whereas DU entrance also tests the
candidate's grammar, vocabulary and other writing skils with objective
answer questions as well. Both universities  provide fascilities for
visually challenged students to access printed texts with the help of
computers and attempts are on to make such fascilities more productive in
the future.

I hope the above mentioned points will be helpful as of now. You have yet a
year to finally decide within which your further quaries will always be
welcomed.

With best wishes,

Viraj.