[AI] tally accessibility with jaws

Sameer salatey at gawab.com
Sun Jun 1 05:11:57 EDT 2008

Dear friend,

It is possible for a blind person to use Tally independently for most of the
time. The scrips developed by NAB Delhi have greatly improved the
accessibility of Tally. But in some places, users still need to navigate
using the JAWS cursor.

The only part where we require sighted assistance is the New Company
Creation screen. Once the company is created in Tally, then JAWS can be used
for making entries, generating & reading various reports etc.

Tally versions before version 5.4 were DOS-based & inaccessible with JAWS.
But later versions including version 5.4 are Windows-based & accessible with
JAWS.

Regards
Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India