[AI] Tips to get rid of pen drives triggered virus

Syed Imran syed.fame at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 11:44:53 EDT 2008

uh...that's an incomplete mail, isn't it? see how absent minded I'm. Never
mind about that, just type "gpedit.msc" in Run and press enter. Then you'll
land on group policy window. There, in the treeview, just navigate to Local
computer policy\computer configuration\Administrative templets\system. Then
just move to the list view and look for a list item that says turn off auto
play, and then hit enter.
In the 'turn off auto play' properties,
a) select 'enable' to enable the option, select disable to disable the
option.
B) in the 'Turn off Auto play' combo box, Select 'All drives' to have the
autoplay turned off in all the drives, select 'CD-ROM drives' to have the
option turned off only in CD-ROM drives.
Basically these options are self-explanatory. So if you dare just to take a
trip around this diolog box, and group policy documentation, along with
other things, you'll learn, which settings take presidence on which ones,
and perhaps, you'll let me know if there's anything curious and worth
sharing.

Regards
Syed Imran