[AI] Who are the totally blind persons working in the field ofLaw?

Pranay Gadodia go4pranayg at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 30 09:29:26 EDT 2008

Hi Amar,
check with NLIU what is their criteria for low vision. the pwd act does not
give any specific magnitude of eyesight between which it would call a person
as low vision.

but PWD act defines blindness. So as per its definition, if a person has
some vision which does not exceed 6/60 or 20 degrees in the better eye after
correction, then such a person would be certified as blind and not low
vision. so i think you should not go by the ordinary knowledge of whether a
person can see something or not.

Would like to know what the legal experts on our group say.

by the way, Kanchan Gaba from Kolkata, practicing lawyer is i think totally
blind and she might have completed her Ph.D in law by now.

HTH,
best,

Pranay Gadodia,
Programme Manager
Project Eyeway - A comprehensive information helpdesk on eye & blindness
C/o Score Foundation.
Y-70, Lower Ground floor,
Hauz Khas,
New Delhi - 110 016. INDIA.

Mobile: +91 98917 91089
Helpdesk:+91-11-460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 11am to 5pm)
Office Phone: +91 - 11 - 2685 2559/ 2685 2581
Email: pranay at eyeway.org
Website: www.eyeway.org