[AI] How to record?

Alpana Dubey alpanadubey10 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:38:02 EDT 2008

Dear List,
   I wanted to know whether   a good  quality recording of books  can be done at home on one's own as well?  Actually, i have got to convert some hard copy study material into audio format  as soon as possible. Being Maths, it cannot be easily scanned either. So please  guide me the  appropriate procedure. Is there any special software required for the same? Please let me know the link if possible from where can it  be obtained.
 An early reply    will really be  admired.
Many thanks in anticipation,
With regards,
Alpana Dubey