[AI] Banks

Ram Kumar drkwisdom at gmail.com
Sun May 25 23:32:20 EDT 2008

Sir, I really congradulate you  from the bottom of my heart for
taking enormous amount of effort to address the  most crucial problems
faced by the visually challenged community with banks. I pray the god
that we should succeed in our initiatives.

On 5/25/08, pamnani <kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
> All of us have been facing problems while dealing with Banks at one level or
> another and it is time that once and for all these problems should be sorted
> out and the daily complaints  should end.
>
> Most of you know that I prefer explaining the problem to senior officials
> and getting things sorted out rather than going to court and wasting time.
> Now I have found the right contact at the RBI so I need to work quickly and
> I am starting work on the Memorandum that will be the basis of the problem
> and the solutions that we propose. Of course I need everyone's help since
> this is a joint effort. I have 2 very good write ups from Atul Pant and
> XRCVC. If anyone has any other representations, memoranda or any written
> complaints please email them to me directly. This will help immensely.
> I have in this mail only listed out the areas where we need proper
> Directives. If anybody has more then please email.We can deal with the
> details in the subsequent mails.
> 1. Opening of all kinds of accounts in joint or single name
> 2. Withdrawl of cash
> 3. Cheque book facility
> 4. Credit Cards
> 5. Debit cards
> 6. ATM
> 7. On line Banking
> 8. Signature not tallying
> 9. Lockers
> 10. Loans
> 11. Identification of Coins and Notes
>
> The other thing though not directly connected is that the Banks cause lots
> of difficulties while VI sit for their recruitment and promotion exams.
>
> Any other problem areas please contact me on or off the list.
> thanks
> Kanchan

With wishes, D, Ramkumar PHD in English Pondicherry university-a
central university