[AI] Information on 'System Access'

Amiyo Biswas amiyo.biswas at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:16:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

You can download the portable version of NVDA from
www.nvda-project.org
It is about 25 mb and runs on windows xp and vista. I don't know much about
system access. Perhaps you have to stay online for using it. So a pen drive
edition may not be there.

NVDA is quite good except that it uses the microsoft tts. You can also save
your settings. Since it is a free open-source project, it is being updated
regularly. Suppose, your pen drive is drive f in the cafe, just type
f:\nvda\nvda.exe from the run command and the speech will come up in
seconds. You have to ensure the drive letter and 256 mb of RAM.

Jaws also has a portable edition. But it requires the installation of the
video intercept manager first time. A cafe may not allow it. NVDA does not
require any installation.

Best regards,

Amiyo.

Cell: +91-9433464329