[AI] recognising the coins

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:39:31 EDT 2008

Yes! the new 5 rupee coin is same as the 50 paise coin. Also some big size 5
rupee coins dedicated to certain personalities are also confusing and
resemble Rs. 2 coin in size and shape. It is difficult to recognise them. It
seems there is no standardization of the coins with respect to its value.
Shouldn't the Govt be approached for at least standardising the shapes and
sizes of the coins.
regards

On 5/19/08, phani srikanth <phani625 at gmail.com> wrote:

> no the new five Rs. coins are looking the same
> the older once are different but there was no difference in the new coins.
>
> On 5/19/08, Rohiet A. Patil <patil_rohit at dataone.in> wrote:
> > as you pointed out, the size is same but the thickness is different. rs.
> 5
> > coine is 2 or 3 time thick than 50 paise.
> > Rohiet

Subhash Chandra Vashishth,
Mobile : +91-11-9811125521