[AI] Fw: Assembly polls: EVMs to have Braille option

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Sat May 17 05:50:13 EDT 2008

Dear Geetha, Subramani & the List,

A strong representation from the List should go the State Election
Commissioner as well as Chief Election Commissioner. They have defied the
Supreme Court Order and also the Guidelines of the CEC on the subject. It
shows how careless such an authority can be not only toward the disabled but
also towards the rules, regulations and directives they should be following.

I am enclosing the relevant order of the Supreme court and the CEC directive
to all State Govt and Election Commissioners on the subject for your
information. Using  these, a strong case can be made out.

warm regards
Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Advocate-Disability Rights
09811125521

On 5/16/08, Geetha Shamanna <geetha at millernorbert.de> wrote:

> Hi Subramani,
>
> There has been no progress on this as yet.
>
> What do you recommend? Do we send a joint/combined mail on behalf of the
> list or write in individually?
>
> Geetha

Subhash Chandra Vashishth,
Mobile : +91-11-9811125521