[AI] Accessindians deals in media please help me.

Shadab Husain shadabhsn at gmail.com
Fri May 16 23:48:28 EDT 2008

Well, though I haven't read all your letters, but I can quite
understand where you are positioned by the college. Undoubtedly, they
were unforgivably insensitive, but in such circumstances we are left
with no option but to be patient.

Last year a university did a couple of intentional errors because a
blind student strongly agitated against them. They denied the extra
time to him, though he showed them the Government Order. They didn't
even take the pain of funneling a second copy to him. Because he
doesn't look blind, so they said that he is pretending.

He didn't request. Do you really need to request for your rights? They
challenged him but he was restive. And at last they failed him by
underhandedly marking him absent.

After that, for months he did a lot of hard work to have the error
rectified. Though he passed through - but again coping up with the
course was not easy. He too thought like you. He too tried approaching
the media. But alas, he was only successful in wasting his time and
energy.

Therefore, from the little I know, I would like to tell you that now
for you focusing on studies is of foremost importance because, quite
bitterly, nobody is going to understand the trauma you are in.

This is an experience for you, and as they say, such experiences build
the character. So even if you would not be able to get admission in
the college, you would not lose anything. Perk up!

Pardon me if I sounded bad in this letter.

Cheers

Shadab Husain
Postscript: Another thing which I would like to tell is that while
posting on Access India one needs to be very cautious because all the
letters are archived which can be accessed by anyone.