[AI] Information Required: JAWS with SPSS

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 08:59:40 EDT 2008

Hi Alpana,

Statistical packages enable researchers to perform
analysis on any given data. The analysis is conducted
in 2 ways. First, by calculating various estimators
like mean. Second by drawing different types of graphs
electronically like bar charts.
Some of the functions of such packages are:
 summarize data (e.g., compute means and standard
deviations), determine whether there are significant
differences between groups (e.g., t-tests, analysis of
variance),
examine relationships among variables (e.g.,
correlation, multiple regression), and graph results
(e.g., bar charts, line graphs).

SPSS is one of the commonly used packages by social
scientists and students.

For more information on statistical packages, check
out this wiki entry:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_statistical_packages