[AI] About RTI Rules.

SC Vashishth subhashvashishth at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:06:19 EDT 2008

Dear Amiyo

All over India, the fee for RTI is Rs. 10 only which can be paid by way of
pay order/cash/IPO in favour of the Accounts Officer of that public
authority- in your case SSC. A PDF file of such a gazzette notification is
enclosed. Please remember it is not the Court Fee and do not pay in Court
Stamps.

The Address of SSC Eastern Region is as below and you can address your RTI
application to the PIO under RTI Act at the address given below.

Shri Subrat Das
Regional Director (ER)
Staff Selection Commission
5, Esplanade Row West
Kolkata - 700 001
Tel. & Fax No. 033-22488601

Now a days all government bodies need to maintain suo moto disclosures on
their websites under section 4 of RTI. Here is the link for the SSC's RTI
pager: http://ssc.nic.in/contact.htm

You can also log on to http://rti.gov.in/ for more information in RTI in
India.
warm regards
Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Advocate-Disability Rights
09811125521

On 5/13/08, Amiyo Biswas <amiyo.biswas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to ask the Staff Selection Commission of Eastern Region for a merit
> list of an old examination. How much application fee is required and in
> which form? I had already obtained a court fee of Rs.10 as per the RTI rules
> of West Bengal. Perhaps SSC is a Central Government organisation and rules
> may be different for it. I searched the net for information, but I did not
> find anything specific about it. The only thing I found is a draft rules on
> the sight of Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative at
> www.humanrightsinitiative.org/
> according to which no fee is required. All other rules available on the
> net are formulated by different state governments.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Amiyo.
>
> Cell: +91-9433464329

Subhash Chandra Vashishth,