[AI] Karnataka elections: Accessible voting

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Sun May 11 04:50:02 EDT 2008

Really? The voting machine in the polling booth where I voted did not have
braille labels at all, even for the numbers. Instead of asking whether I
needed help, the polling officers were more interested in knowing whether I
was totally blind, how I managed to sign despite being blind, etc. One of my
family members helped me find the right button on the machine.

Did you vote yesterday? If yes, did your voting machine have braille labels?

Geetha