[AI] gmail configuration

Arpit Jain arpit_rke at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 10 15:11:29 EDT 2008

Hi! Anubha

Well, when you will run the gmail configuration utility, there you will find
only two options i.e. outlook express and Outlook 2002 , however, if you
want to configure Outlook 2003, it works with that as well just by selecting
outlook 2002 option.

Secondly, if you want to configure other email clients like you mention
Thunderbird, then the second link which I have given tou is meant for that.
It is the help center of Gmail and there you need to select one of the links
to your email client. And if you want to configure your email client for
using Gmail with IMAP and not with POP3, here is the link where you can get
instructions:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=12806

For your convenience, I am copying the steps for setting up Gmail in
thunderbird via POP3:

To configure Thunderbird 2.0 for your Gmail address:

Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.

Open Thunderbird.

Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...

Click the Add Account... button to launch Account Wizard.

Select Gmail, and click Next.

Fill in the necessary fields to include the following information:

Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field
of outgoing messages.

Email Address: Enter your Gmail username (everything before @gmail.com).

Click Next, then click Finish.

On the Server Settings tab in the Account Settings window, uncheck the box
next to Leave messages on server.

Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve
Gmail messages.

Hope this proves useful

Regards

Arpit