[AI] Karnataka elections: Accessible voting

Pamnani kanchanpamnani at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 07:34:41 EDT 2008

Geeta in Mumbai the machines are not labelled but you get a list of
candidates in braille which helps you choose the number of the candidate
that you want to vote for and then you can press the button on the machine.
I am not very sure but I have heard that either all the cases or atleast the
Bombay case regarding participation in the elections by the disabled have
been referred to Bombay High Court so I am forwarding your comments to the
lawyer handling the matter and Suhas and Ketan can take it up.
Kanchan
Kanchan Pamnani
Advocate & Solicitor
9, Suleman Chambers,