[AI] Help regarding career

Manish Agrawal magrawal at sapient.com
Fri May 9 20:45:38 EDT 2008

The materials are also not such a problem actually. A lot of the subjects covered in MCA (and I am assuming BCA) use books by international authors. A lot of these books are available from RFBD and similar libraries (so, find a way of sourcing your materials from there).
I was able to get most of the books either through RFBD or directly in soft copies (may not be the same author as being taught in the class) during my MCA.
Subjects like Mathematics and Operational research were slightly more complex to get to than others but overall materials wasn't my biggest worry during the MCA.
It was more the struggle with authorities around being able to submit typed assignments instead of hand-written ones (believe me they still want them hand written), using the scribe of my choice in the exams and then convincing them that all those extra sheets were being filled by me and not by the scribe himself/herself :)

All in all it is pretty doable once you get down to doing it. Get yourself a laptop and start doing a lot of programming and math right away and don't wait for the class to get to a particular topic ...because when they do get there, they'll probably go much faster than you.
Also, prepare hard and try to get into a good college through competition. That helps you get placed into a job when you are done.

All the best:

Manish