[AI] Deleting softwares?

Balaram chess.balaram at asianetindia.com
Tue May 6 23:14:21 EDT 2008

Dear Anubha, First of all, what you have to do is to customise your start
menu.
All programs submenu means you haven't done that!
To customise your start menu.
1. press the windows key and press escape.
2. press alt+enter to get the taskbar and start menu properties.
3. press Control+tab to get to the start menu page.
4. press down arrow once to select the classic start menu radio button and
press enter.
>From then onwards, you will find programs submenu instead of the all
programs submenu which you have mentioned in your mail.
Here, you can activate the submenus by pressing it's first letter.
For example, you will be activating the programs submenu by pressing the
letter p provided no other menu starts with the letter "P."
Then, what I have found out for our benefit is the customisation of our
start menu.
For that, you can follow these steps.
1. press the Windows key and press escape key.
2. press alt+enter to get the taskbar and start menu properties.
3. press control+tab to go to the start menu page.
4. press alt+C to activate the customise button.
5. press tab five times to get to the advanced start menu options tree view.
6. press "U" to select the use personalized menus checkbox.
7. press the spacebar to uncheck it  if it is not already unchecked.
8. press enter twice to get out of that dialogue box.
Coming back to your question as how to uninstall programs which you have
already installed.
Most of the standard programs will have the uninstall option in it's menu
itself.
For example, you will find the uninstall option of JAWS under the JAWS
submenu/tools/uninstall JAWS.
If you don't find the option of uninstalling a particular software under
it's submenu, You can go to control panel and do the same.
Customise your start menu and follow these steps.
1. Press windows key to activate the start menu.
2. press the letter "S" to select settings and press enter.
3. Press enter on Control panel.
4. Here, what you have to do first is to  select "classic view" by pressing
tab and activating the switch to classic view button.
5. Press the letter "a" twice to select the add or remove programs icon and
press enter.
6. Wait for a few seconds to find the installed programs list.
7. Select the program which you wish to uninstall by pressing the up or the
down arrow key.
8. press tab five times to find the remove button and press enter on it to
activate it.
9. Follow the steps as prompted by the wizard.
Hope this helps.
With Best regards,
P. Balaraman.
Mobile: 9446361201