[AI] Question on concession in Air Tickets for Visually Impaired

Mamta mamtabc at accessindia.org.in
Fri May 2 17:48:25 EDT 2008

As far as my knowledge goes, I am sure that there is concession in the
domestic sector, in (Indian Airlines)..
How ever the concession is only applicable on the whole fair.. and not the
tax.. and its 50% of the fair....
How ever, I am not sure of other domestic airlines.. but when I traveled
with other airlines I did not get any concession.. they said that there is
no rule as such with their airlines..
And the concession is only given to the passenger who is traveling.. escort
does not get any kind of concession if he is escorting the visually impaired
person.. In short there is no concessions for him..
in case of the International sector.. In all the airlines which I have
traveled.. there is no concession available.. they also say that there is no
such rule available with them...

even I would like to know that if there are any changes in these above rules
with respect to airlines concessions..
If any one has any documents regarding the airlines rules then please do
send it to me.. or if any one has any idea then do let me know..
your help is highly appreciated..
many thanks
rgds
Mamta.