[AI] New feature in JAWS 9 update 1

Mamta mamtabc at accessindia.org.in
Fri Apr 25 15:51:20 EDT 2008

Hi friends, I just got this, and I thought you might want to read it.

The default behavior for JAWS has always been to automatically start
reading Web pages when the pages load. Many of us press CTRL to stop
speech and then press CTRL+HOME to go back to the top of the page and
begin reading by sentence, paragraph, or other methods. A new feature in
JAWS 9 update 1 now lets you use the Adjust JAWS Options dialog box to
set JAWS to NOT read automatically. Here's how:

1. On any Web page press INSERT+V to open the Adjust JAWS Options dialog
box.

2. Press D to move to "Document automatically reads - On"

3. Press SPACEBAR to change this to "Document automatically reads - Off"

4. Press ENTER to close the Adjust JAWS Options dialog box.

This setting remains in effect even when you close and restart JAWS,
unless you change it back.

hope this helps many thanks
rgds
Mamta.