[AI] What is Syntax

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 14:14:12 EDT 2008

Hello Professor,

It refers to the spelling and grammar of a
programming language.
Computers
 are inflexible machines that understand what you type
only if you type it in the exact form that the
computer expects. The expected form is called the
syntax.

Each
program
 defines its own syntactical rules that control which
words the computer understands, which combinations of
words are meaningful, and what
punctuation
 is necessary.